Supporting Research and Teaching in Islamic Studies at Stanford
To enrich Stanford students’ exposure to the study of Islam at all levels, we promote coursework, administer grants, and coordinate an undergraduate specialization as part of Global Studies minor.
- Decolonizing the Western Canon: Introduction to Art and Architecture from Prehistory to Medieval
- Ancient Knowledge, New Frontiers: How the Greek Legacy Became Islamic Science
- Classics of Persian Literature
- The Mamluks: Slave-Soldiers and Sultans of Medieval Egypt
- Pirates, Captives, and Renegades: Encounters in the Early Mediterranean World
- Formation of the Contemporary Middle East
Stanford undergraduates may minor in Global Studies with a specialization in Islamic Studies.
Interested in the minor or other undergrad opportunties? Set up an advising appointment with Associate Director Zack Al-Witri.